Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique in Prosper, Texas
Do you suffer from a receding gum line? Before now, dentists were only able to use skin grafting to treat receding gums. Gum disease has often been a cause of receding gums, and vigorous over-brushing can also cause the same problem.
Why Worry About Receding Gums?
Although receding gums may not seem like a serious issue, this dental issue can lead to bigger problems, including:
- Tooth roots are exposed. When the roots of your teeth are exposed, they are more prone to damage and decay. You are also at increased risk for tooth infection.
- Decreased bone density. Exposing your tooth roots also exposes the jawbone, causing a decrease in jawbone density. You want your jaw to stay healthy and strong.
- Tooth loss. When your gums aren’t holding your teeth in place, you’re at greater risk for permanent tooth loss.
While changing your daily brushing habits can stop your gums from receding, it won’t bring back the gum tissue you’ve already lost. That’s why we offer the Pinhole Rejuvenation Technique.
The Pinhole Technique
Before the pinhole technique became available, dentists used surgical skin grafting to repair receding gums. The surgery is complicated, and the patient often needs a lot of recovery time. Our office now offers the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique to repair receding gum tissue.
How the Pinhole Technique Works
- The dentist uses a series of specially designed tools. The gums are gently pushed back into place.
- The “pushing” can move larger pieces of tissue at a time, which means the procedure is quick and efficient.
- You can walk out of our office the same day you come in, and you’ll notice the difference right away.
The Chao Pinhole Technique is simple and effective. We can restore your gumline without invasive surgery.
Suffering From Receding Gums? Contact Parkview Dental Today
Do you suffer from gum disease? Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our experienced dental team. Come to Parkview Dental to find out how we can help you look and feel better!